Forskolin is a naturally-occurring chemical compound that is increasingly becoming popular as a weight loss supplement. It is extracted from the root of the Plectranthus Barbatus plant and it has been an important cultural as well as medicinal plant the world over. In India, Forskolin is and has been used in traditional Ayurvedic medicines for many centuries because of its anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties.
How does work?
As reviewed on Try Skinny Pills, Forskolin comes from the mint family and is mostly common in some Asian countries including Burma, Thailand, and India. Its extract is known to activate adenylate cyclase (cAMP), an enzyme that is associated with several useful cellular functions. This enzyme is known for its natural ability to stimulate hormones which have the capacity to activate essential fat-burning mechanisms in the human body. By doing this, forskolin effectively helps in fat- burning, leading to weight loss. Forskolin for weight loss is different from other weight loss supplements because it specifically targets belly fat (adipose tissue). Most weight loss supplements fail to be effective because of their inability to burn belly fat.
Forskolin weight loss effects are also associated with its ability to stimulate thermogenic effects in the body. Thermogenesis refers to the process that leads to internal heat generation. During the process of thermogenesis, the body’s internal temperature increases naturally leading to a rapid increase in the metabolic rate. This is what causes excess calories and body fat to melt and burn off. The more heat your body generates, the more its ability to burn body fat increases. This in return leads to the development of a lean body mass.
Taking natural forskolin is also known to help release essential fatty acids. This enables your body to produce more energy, which in return enables you to exercise more, leading to weight loss. Very few supplements have the ability to do this. This is another reason why forskolin for weight loss is very effective as a weight loss supplement.
Other medical benefits of Forskolin
Forskolin is also associated with other medical benefits including the following:
- It helps boost memory,
- It helps lower blood pressure,
- Helps the heart to beat faster by helping it produce more powerful heartbeats,
- It helps promote the development of lean muscle,
- Helps tom support and treat cardiovascular and respiratory disorder rs,
- It is an important ingredient in many skin care creams and lotions.
- It decreases blood clots,
- Helps in asthma and obesity,
- Increases relaxation of arteries.
What is the right dosage of forskolin for weight loss?
It comes in the form of 125mg tablets or 250mg capsules. If you want to try forskolin for weight loss as your preferred weight loss supplement, the right dosage should ideally be between 25 to 60mg per day. This will allow your body to start adapting and adjusting to the supplement. However, it is always good to go for the pure natural extract. In addition, avoid buying forskolin supplements that contain bidders, fillers, or additives. The most ideal supplement should also contain a minimum of 20% pure Forskolin extract or higher. This will enable you to get the maximum weight loss benefits possible. Avoid as much as possible synthetic supplements.
Side effects of Forskolin
- It is known to lower blood pressure in adults who were taking a dose of 150mg per day. It can also cause dizziness and nausea. Because of this, it is good to consult your doctor before taking it.
- For people with heart conditions, it is known to cause minor fluctuations in heart rate. It is also good to consult your doctor if you have a heart condition before you decide to take it.
- If you are taking some medications such as blood-thinners or anti-hypersensitive medications, it is good to avoid forskolin. The reason for this is that it can act as a fluctuating blood thinner and lead to complications with the medications you are taking.
In addition it is important to follow a diet that is natural as possible when you are taking forskolin for weight loss. This will help lower the risk of side effects.
Most adults don’t report any complications whatsoever. However, some report a slight discomfort or nausea as their bodies adjust.
Pregnant and nursing mothers should not take it. In addition, it is not recommended for children under the age of 18 years.
To effectively lose weight while using forskolin, stick to a healthy diet plan and do some exercise.